CLICKETY CLACKETY

Click on any image to make it larger

Monday, April 16, 2012

Outskirts

The title of this newest piece seems quite appropriate. I feel as if I have been on the outskirts of everything for some time now.

For those of you who don’t know my beautiful wife, Mary, and I had a baby boy on 29Jan12. His name is Augustus Ray Stephens and he is something else entirely. We are, needless to say, extremely preoccupied and generally exhausted lately. Add in Augie Ray and many other ingredients and you have a recipe for a long hiatus between blog posts.

Well, I have been intending to post this one for over a week, so sorry if it is too late to grab a copy. I have a piece in last week’s New Yorker, cover date 16Apr12. The piece is for a Russian film called “Outskirts.” It is from the early sound era of the movies.

Hopefully I will post some pics of Augie soon. And I also have a back log of things to post up from the work I have been doing for Southern Comfort: Japan.

Wish me luck!

No comments: