CLICKETY CLACKETY

Click on any image to make it larger

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Arson?

I was watching the Bulldogs on my DVR at 5am Sunday when a horn started honking incessantly. This is Red Hook so I ignored it for a minute or two. Then I heard a boom or maybe a pow. I looked out the window and saw smoke billowing up from across the street. I ran down stairs and called 911 as I saw this truck blazing. While on the phone I realized I should go back for my camera. I ran back upstairs and then filmed this, go to Vimeo or Youtube for the video. Larger on Vimeo. Optimized for iPhone users on Youtube.

I will of course be using this in some form for an authorial video, so for now watch it as documentary and later pretend you never saw it.


3 comments:

Piktor Turic Oolong said...

i like how they just watch it burn for a few minutes.

Joshua Ray Stephens said...

Ha! They were actually watching while the designated guys unrolled the hose and attached it to the fire hydrant.

l. nichols said...

OH! I was wondering what the hell happened to that truck. I just remember coming home Sunday afternoon and being like what the hell. I'm surprised I didn't hear the boom. I also kept meaning to get a picture of it all burned out but never did. It was pretty incredible.